Managing PS4 storage is an integral part of any PlayStation owner’s life.
As a video game player, you are expected to stream or download various game demos and updates before playing the latest titles. With so many downloads on your PS4, its only a matter of time before you start experiencing Ps4 storage problems like:
- Ps4 Extended Storage Not Working,
- Ps4 Usb Storage Device Not Connected,
- Ps4 Keeps Saying USB Storage Device Not Connected,
- Ps4 There Is Not Enough Free Space in System Storage,
- Ps4 Not Enough Free Space in System Storage,
- USB Storage Device Not Connected Ps4,
- There Is Not Enough Free Space in System Storage Ps4,
- The USB Storage Device Is Not Connected Ps4,
- Ps4 Extended Storage Not Repairing
So, before buying yourself some latest digital copies of games or old PS4 games on the PSN Store just to get that nostalgic feeling.
You need to know that with all these media contents stored inside your shiny machine, it is only a matter of time before you are out of space by PS4 standards or are experiencing one of the above commonly reported errors with PS4 storage.
Today, we are here to provide you with some tips on how to manage your PS4 storage and fix the common problems related to it.
Ps4 Extended Storage Not Working, (How To Fix It Quick?)
Ps4 extended storage provides you the option of using external USB hard drives to increase the storage capacity of your PlayStation 4. It also provides additional features like the External Auto-Backup feature which automatically backs up all data on your PS4, Game saves and the game itself to the connected usb disk.
This is however a source of some issues for some of the users as they are unable to load their games from an external USB hard disk or the extended storage device.
The most commonly reported issue with extended USB storage is not working with the message “there is not enough free space in system storage”.
If you also face this issue, here are some easy steps to fix it:
- Step 1: Access Settings.
- Step 2: Go To Storage and click on your external USB storage device.
- Step 3: Click Delete and then click OK.
The other way to fix this problem is to do a quick format of your USB disk after backup and check if it helps you in loading your game successfully. If not, try doing a full backup and then restoring it on your ps4 external hard drive.
Ps4 Keeps Saying USB Storage Device Not Connected, (How To Fix?)
Ps4 extended storage is also susceptible to “storage not connected error when you already have a USB expansion storage plugged in.
This error is usually seen on the home screen and can be really annoying when you already have an external storage device connected to your console.
This issue usually occurs when you do not format the drive before using it or designating it as your dedicated or addon extended storage for your Ps4 setup. So, we recommend doing a quick format before using your USB hard drive on your ps4.
If the issue persists, make sure that you are using an updated version of PS4 firmware or update it to resolve this problem.
You can also try plugging in another external storage device and checking if it worked for you. If not, contact Sony support for further assistance on how to fix this issue.
Ps4 Not Enough Free Space in System Storage, (How To Fix?)
This is the most commonly reported problem with any PlayStation console or model. Oftentimes users are required to purchase an external ps4 storage expansion to fix the not enough free space error on their consoles.
While external storage spaces for Ps4 are handy, they are not the only way to fix the ps4 usb storage device problem. You can follow these steps on how you can free up more space on your PS4 system storage without deleting game files.
First, go to settings>storage and click on your internal hard drive and then click “delete”. However, make sure that you do this after you have a backup of all your data.
Secondly, go to settings>system and then click on “automatic downloads” and turn it off. And lastly, uninstall some applications that you don’t use on your ps4 anymore for more free space.
Only when you know that you can not do without an external ps4 hard drive or USB storage device as extended storage on your gaming setup, then you should spend money getting a reliable Ps4 expansion storage.
If you are looking for an external ps4 expansion storage, Extra features like faster transfer speeds, superb compatibility with any USB compatible console and higher reliability make the Seagate 2TB Game Drive one of the most recommended ps4 storage extensions. It is guaranteed to work on PS4, PS3 or Xbox One without any issues.
Ps4 Keeps Saying USB Storage Device Not Connected, (How To Fix It Quick?)
There’s never been an annoying device storage error as Ps4 keeping on telling you that the USB device is not connected when you know you have one plugged into the Ps4 port.
Here are some simple steps that you can take to resolve this problem.
- Step 1: Verify if your USB device is working properly by connecting it to another console or PC. If it’s not working, then that’s most likely the reason why you’re getting Ps4 saying usb storage device not connected error.
- Step 2: Try restarting your console by pressing the power button for at least seven seconds until your console beeps.
- Step 3: Plug the USB hub to the wall outlet instead of connecting it to another console or PC. If you need a USB hub, then buy one online or at any electronics store.
How To Fix Ps4 Keeps Saying “The Usb Device Is Not Supported” (Ps4 Usb Storage Error)
It is highly unlikely that the USB storage device is not compatible with Ps4, but if your ps4 keeps saying “the USB device is not supported”, then it is time to check what type of USB storage you’re using.
If the USB device has multiple partitions, you have to remove them before it can work with your ps4. If you used a USB hard disk from Seagate, then take the following steps.
- Step 1: Verify if your USB device is working properly by connecting it to another console or PC.
- Step 2: Unplug all the other USB devices plugged into the same power source as your Seagate USB hard disk.
- Step 3: Connect the Seagate USB HDD directly to the console and then press the power button for at least seven seconds until you hear a beep.
- If Ps4 keeps showing you “the USB storage device is not supported”, then that means your system software is corrupted. You can either get rid of the corrupted file manually, or you can download the system software and update your console.
Ps4 There Is Not Enough Free Space in System Storage,(How To Fix It Quick?)
The Ps4’s system storage lack of ample storage space is not a problem that can’t be fixed. There are plenty of simple and quick ways of freeing up storage space on your console even with the use of an external ps4 expansion hard drive or USB device.
You can either remove some video files, pictures or games from your system storage, or you can delete some applications like Spotify and Hulu Plus if you don’t use them anymore.
But if your ps4 still shows not have enough free space in system storage even after you have deleted some files, then the best thing to do is to delete all the contents of USB devices that are connected to your Ps4.
You can either leave one or two games on it, but everything else must go. You can even re-format your external ps4 expansion storage device from fat32 to exFAT so you have more space on it.
Ps4 Keeps Saying Error Code Ce-34878-0 (How To Fix It Quick?)
Error code ce-34878-0 is very common among gaming consoles, and it appears when there’s a network connection issue.
If you’re trying to play an online multiplayer game and your Ps4 console keeps displaying ce-34878-0, then it’s highly likely that the ps4 server is experiencing issues, but there are several troubleshooting steps that you can take.
- Step 1: Verify if the Internet cable from the Ps4 to the modem is properly connected. If it’s not, then make sure you secure the cable and check if it works properly.
- Step 2: Verify if the router is working by connecting another device like your smartphone to the WiFi or Ethernet.
- Step 3: Turn off all devices for a few seconds and turn them back on again one by one until you find out the source of the ce-34878-0 error code.
- Step 4: Update your router’s firmware and check if it works properly. You can also reset your ps4 to factory defaults, but this is a very extreme step that will delete all the data stored on your console so make sure you have a back up copy first. If the problem persists, then you need to contact Playstation support for further assistance.
Ps4 Extended Storage Not Repairing(How To Fix It Quick?)
The Ps4 extended storage repairing mode is automatically activated when your ps4 has issues with its storage devices, but it might happen that the repair mode doesn’t work. When this happens, you have to delete some data on your console.
Step 1: Delete all the contents inside the system storage by navigating to settings>storage>USB Storage Device>Games/Applications/Demos then press triangle button, X button and square button at the same time.
Step 2: Go to Settings>Power Saving Settings>Set Features Available in Rest Mode then turn off everything.
Step 3: Turn your Ps4 off and leave it unplugged for three minutes, plug it back in and restart.
Ps4 storage come with countless features that can be useful especially if you’re looking for an improved gaming experience. Issues with storage space are common among gamers, but Ps4 users can still enjoy playing games on their consoles even if it runs out of space.
External ps4 expansion hard drives and USB devices are affordable, reliable and easy to use. You just have to plug them into the console and you’re good to go.
If your Ps4 has storage issues, then simply delete some files or games that you no longer play. If the problem persists, then reset your system by turning it off and unplugging it for a few minutes before restarting again.
It’s also best if you back up all the data on your console as a safety measure, just in case something goes wrong.